CONNECT WITH US
Next year's schedule coming January 2011
Coaches and Guests
The Dirt Series coaching team combines a deep love of the sport with exceptionally responsive and flexible teaching skills.
In our 2013 roster you'll find plenty of competitive accolades, decades of instructional experience and, most importantly, coaches with an unparalleled interest in helping you meet your riding goals.
Coaches and guests are as follows:
- Sylvie Allen: Former Canadian Downhill Champion and National Team Member, multi-time national series cross-country medalist, Fitness Programmer and Personal Trainer based in Whistler BC.
- Tanya Allen: Former New Zealand Mountain Bike XC Team Member, amateur downhill and skate-ski competitor, registered Dental Hygienist, certified in Exercise Science.
- Audray Ayotte: Avid cross-country mountain biker, and international ski touring enthusiast. Former equestrian competitor and coach, professional ski patroller, and Emergency Medical Responder.
- Tracey Billett: Freeride and downhill mountain bike dedicate, former national level ski racer, CSCF Level III Alpine Ski Coach, and Physical Education Teacher based in Rossland, BC.
- Cassandra Boon: Multi-time provincial and national series Downhill Champion, former US professional team rider, undergrad in Athletic Therapy, Doctorate in Chiropractic.
- Casey Brown: World Cup Downhill Racer, two-time Canadian National Downhill Team Member, and podium finisher at the last World Cup of the 2012 season. Former BC Junior Freestyle Ski Champion. Forest firefighter and artist.
- Penny Cameron: Trans Rockies and BC Bike Race finisher, ski and mountain bike Pro Patroller, avid gardener, chef, and multi-sport athlete based in Whistler, BC.
- Suzie Clarke: NCCP Level III club coach, former bike industry sales rep, and aspiring PADI dive master. Adaptive Snow Sports Instructor and Human Resources professional.
- Lesley Clements: Pro-elite cross-country, marathon, and multi-day mountain bike racer; podium finisher at both the Trans Rockies and the BC Bike Race. Teacher and bike team coach at Pemberton Secondary.
- Chrissy de Vall: Cross-country Olympian, World Championships medalist, and Commonwealth Games Champion. Former women's product technical specialist for Trek Bicycles. Bachelor of Science, Level 3 Coach, Guinness World Record Holder.
- Penny Deck: Avid North Shore rider, cross-country and downhill racer, Nutrition and Physiology lecturer and PhD student at Simon Fraser University.
- Amy Esnard: Competitor in Super D and Olympic triathlon. Surf instructor, yoga teacher in training, and former competitor in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu at the Pan American Championships. Geospatial Information Systems Professional.
- Lu Furber: Longtime bike park administrator, programmer, and coach. Former ski school director and current Dirt Series Program Coordinator. Certified instructor in skiing, snowboard, and freestyle.
- Leanne Hildebrand: Mountain bike club coach and planning committee representative. Fastball, white water kayaking, and rock climbing instructor. Masters Degree in Human Rights and Social Justice Policy.
- Emily Johnston: Pro downhill, 4X and dirt jump competitor, featured mountain bike video and demo personality, and one of the very few women who can do a back flip to dirt. Currently based in Lahaina, Maui.
- Jill Kintner: Three-time 4X World Champion, BMX Olympic Bronze Medalist, pro-elite World Cup DH racer, and Red Bull team athlete from Seattle, WA.
- Lisa Lefroy: Former mass-start long-distance downhill racer, two-time Avalanche Cup Series champion, and Race Face Freeride Challenge semi-finalist. Event Organizer.
- Sarah Leishman: Pro-elite downhill racer, Norco Factory Team rider, and Whistler Blackcomb PR and Social Media Specialist. Former ski and mountain bike pro patroller, World Championship level snowboard coach, and Gravity Logic trainer.
- Janet Liu: Dedicated XC and DH rider, CX competitor, and year round bike commuter; ACMG rock climbing instructor, Kinesiology graduate, and aircraft maintenance engineer.
- Tera Meade: Three-time Canadian Dual Slalom Champion, multi-time Canadian National Team Member, Fitness Programmer and Personal Trainer, Fitness Competitor, and Sociology graduate.
- Connie Misket: Pro-elite downhill and super D racer, amateur cross-country and singlespeed competitor, dedicated skier and aspiring speed skater, based in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Anita Naidu: Dual Slalom, Giant Slalom and Slopestyle competitor; accomplished rock climber and multi-sport athlete; project engineer, international human development activist, and PHD candidate.
- Sandy Ostler: Accomplished mountain biker, professional ski instructor, avid windsurfer and mother of four. Masters Degree in Recreation Management, based in Hood River, OR.
- Kathy Pruitt: 2010 US Cyclo-Cross Singlespeed National Champion, 2009 Downhill World Championship Medalist, ten-time US National Team member, former pro motocross racer.
- Pam Reid: Year-round road, cross-country, and downhill rider. Sugoi Brand Champion, Major League soccer player, and bronze medalist at the 2005 World Masters Track and Field Championships. Systems Analyst based in Victoria, BC.
- Michele Rideout: Whistler Bike Park Guide, Fire Rescue Services Administrative Clerk, certified in ski, snowboard and adaptive ski instruction, with degrees in both commerce and law.
- Amanda Ridgway: Enthusiastic DH and XC mountain biker, resort event planner and programmer, executive trainer, BC Mountain Bike Tourism Association Director, Graduate degree in Psychology.
- Candace Shadley: Founder and director of the Dirt Series program, former Provincial Mountain Bike Technical Director, longtime multi-sport athlete and coach, based in Whistler, BC.
- Schalene Shelly: Avid cross-country and downhill recreationalist, competitor and guide. Microbiologist, Herbalist Consultant, and Accupressure and Iridology student.
- Katrina Strand: Former Canadian National Downhill Team Member, cross-country, downhill and super D competitor, Bachelor of Human Kinetics, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist at Strand Training.
- Charlotte Uskoski: National cross-country racer, international multi-day and endurance racer, professional ski coach, CSIA and CASI examiner, former university level ice hockey player, Bachelor in Human Kinetics.
- Lindsey Voreis: Pro-elite super D and enduro racer, multi-day mountain bike guide, and athlete manager. Survivor contestant, video personality, and copywriter based in Bend, OR.
- Bonnie Walmsley: Dedicated North Shore mountain biker, accomplished adventure racer, and competitive trail runner. Sport and outdoor event planner, and investment representative based in Vancouver, BC.
- Amy Wantulok: Former pro-elite cross-country racer, state title tennis champion, and bike industry retail manager. Certified Personal Trainer, competitive hockey player, and mountain bike trail advocate.
- Johanna Weintrager: Multi-day mountain bike guide, surf instructor, and yoga teacher. Accomplished XC and DH racer, former competitive runner and ski coach, and sports nutrition consultant.
- Silvi White: Accomplished cross-country and all-mountain rider, longtime single and multi-day guide, yogi, hiker, gardener, and co-owner of Moab Mountain Bike Instruction
- Jennifer Wilson: Cross-country and marathon mountain bike athlete, formal professional skier and video personality, yoga instructor, and middle school teacher in Hood River, OR.
And, for co-ed camps ...
- Evan Choltco-Devlin: Pro-elite downhill racer, accomplished bike mechanic, and volunteer trail builder. Seasoned bike industry design engineer and project manager, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Martin Newman: Cross-country, downhill and biker-cross racer, and 2011 BC Cup DH Masters Champion. Longtime mountain bike club rider leader, recreational Olympic distance triathlete, originally from the UK.
- Kevin Wood: Downhill, cross-country, trials and BMX athlete. Accomplished dirt biker, professional furniture designer, and decade-long mountain bike coach.
Your coaches are approachable, experienced, and knowledgeable. They focus on the fundamental skills at all levels, and are encouraging beyond belief. I've never felt better about a sport in all my life.
Calgary and Whistler camp participant