Next year's schedule coming January 2011
Coaches and Guests
The Dirt Series coaching team combines a deep love of the sport with exceptionally responsive and flexible teaching skills.
In our 2014 roster you'll find plenty of competitive accolades, decades of instructional experience and, most importantly, coaches with an unparalleled interest in helping you meet your riding goals.
Coaches and guests are as follows:
- Sylvie Allen: Former Canadian Downhill Champion and national team member, multi-time national series cross-country medalist, fitness programmer and personal trainer based in Whistler BC.
- Tanya Allen: Former New Zealand mountain bike XC team member, amateur downhill and skate-ski competitor, registered dental hygienist, certified in Exercise Science.
- Tracey Billett: Freeride and downhill mountain bike dedicate, former national level ski racer, CSCF Level III alpine ski coach, and physical education Teacher based in Rossland, BC.
- Jennifer Biondi: Mountain bike enthusiast, surf addict, former scholarship basketball player and USASA ranked snowboard competitor. Marketing professional and Upcycle Brand developer.
- Casey Brown: Professional World Cup downhill racer, and three-time Canadian national downhill team member. Former BC Junior Freestyle Ski Champion. Forest firefighter and artist.
- Penny Cameron: Trans Rockies and BC Bike Race finisher, ski and mountain bike pro patroller, avid gardener, chef, and multi-sport athlete based in Whistler, BC.
- Suzie Clarke: NCCP Level III club coach, former bike industry sales rep, and aspiring PADI dive master. Adaptive snow sports instructor and human resources professional.
- Chrissy de Vall: Cross-country Olympian, World Championships medalist, and Commonwealth Games Champion. Former women's product technical specialist for Trek Bicycles.
- Penny Deck: Avid North Shore rider, cross-country and downhill racer, and trail builder. Nutrition and physiology lecturer, and PhD student at Simon Fraser University.
- Alex Dubois: Cross-country rider and recreational racer, government funded wildlife forest fighter, NOLS instructor, backpacking and canoeing multi-day guide, with a diploma in Adventure Tourism.
- Audrey Duval: Dedicated all-mountain rider, CSAI Level III / CSCF Level II ski instructor and coach, yoga teacher in training, and event planner based in Canmore, AB.
- Sylvi Fae: Accomplished cross-country and all-mountain rider, single and multi-day guide, yogi, hiker, gardener, and co-owner of Moab Mountain Bike Instruction.
- Lu Furber: Longtime mountain bike and ski instructor, programmer and administrator. Former ski school director, bike park director, and resort programmer. Current Dirt Series Program Manager.
- Kate Gigiel: Recreational cross-country, marathon, and multi-sport racer, former collegiate field hockey player, alternate education teacher and school counselor, with a Masters Degree in Counseling.
- Emily Johnston: Former pro downhill, 4X and dirt jump competitor, featured mountain bike video and demo personality, and one of the very few women who can do a back flip to dirt. Currently based in Lahaina, Maui.
- Jill Kintner: Three-time 4X World Champion, BMX Olympic bronze medalist, professional World Cup DH racer, and Red Bull team athlete from Seattle, WA.
- Sarah Leishman: Pro-elite downhill racer, Norco Factory Team rider, and Whistler Blackcomb PR and social media specialist. Former ski and mountain bike pro patroller, and international snowboard coach.
- Janet Liu: Dedicated XC and DH rider, CX competitor, and year round bike commuter; ACMG rock climbing instructor, Kinesiology graduate, and aircraft maintenance engineer.
- Tera Meade: Three-time Canadian Dual Slalom Champion, multi-time Canadian national team member, fitness programmer and personal trainer, fitness competitor, and sociology graduate.
- Anita Naidu: Dual slalom and slopestyle competitor, and accomplished rock climber. Project engineer, international human development activist, and PHD candidate.
- Sandy Ostler: Dedicated mountain biker, professional ski instructor, avid windsurfer and mother of four. Masters degree in recreation management, based in Hood River, OR.
- Kathy Pruitt: 2010 US Cyclo-Cross Singlespeed National Champion, 2009 Downhill World Championship medalist, ten-time US National team member, former pro motocross racer.
- Pam Reid: Year-round road, cross-country, and downhill rider, Major League soccer player, and bronze medalist at the 2005 World Masters Track and Field Championships. Systems analyst based in Victoria, BC.
- Michele Rideout: Whistler Bike Park guide, Fire Rescue Services administrative clerk, professional ski, snowboard and adaptive ski instructor, with degrees in both commerce and law.
- Kat Robison: Cross-country rider and seasoned coach, top-requested ski instructor at Fernie Alpine Resort, gym instructor, swimming instructor, and Search and Rescue coordinator. Former UK college lecturer.
- Sam Sedlowsky: Cross-country and downhill enthusiast and enduro racer, multi-day mountain bike guide, and Dirt Series Program Coordinator. Former professional diver studying and working in Underwater Archaeology.
- Candace Shadley: Dirt Series founder and director, former Provincial Mountain Bike Technical Director, longtime multi-sport athlete and coach, based in Whistler, BC.
- Schalene Shelly: Avid cross-country and downhill recreationalist, competitor and guide. Microbiologist, herbalist consultant, and acupressure and iridology student.
- Katrina Strand: Former Canadian national downhill team member, cross-country, downhill and super D competitor. Bachelor of Human Kinetics, certified strength and conditioning specialist at Strand Training.
- Fiona Sutton: Dedicated downhill rider, WB ski host, and World Cup race director for the international luge federation. Civil and mechanical engineer focused on designing adventure, water, and theme parks worldwide.
- Charlotte Uskoski: National cross-country racer, international multi-day and endurance racer, professional ski coach, CSIA and CASI examiner, former university level ice hockey player, Bachelor in Human Kinetics.
- Bonnie Walmsley: Seasoned North Shore mountain biker, accomplished adventure racer, and competitive trail runner. Sport and outdoor event planner, and investment representative based in Vancouver, BC.
- Amy Wantulok: Former pro-elite cross-country racer, state title tennis champion, and bike industry retail manager. Certified personal trainer, competitive hockey player, and mountain bike trail advocate.
- Johanna Weintrager: Multi-day mountain bike guide, surf instructor, and yoga teacher. Accomplished XC and DH racer, former competitive runner and ski coach, and sports nutrition consultant.
- Dawn Wieker: Pro-elite cross-country, enduro and downhill racer, former collegiate mountain bike athlete, trail crew leader, EMT, and experiential high school teacher for the Alzar School in Cascade, Idaho.
- Jennifer Wilson: Cross-country and marathon mountain bike athlete, former professional skier and video personality, spin instructor, and middle school teacher in Hood River, OR.
And, for co-ed camps ...
- Evan Choltco-Devlin: Pro-elite downhill racer, accomplished bike mechanic, and trail builder. Bike industry design engineer and project manager, with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Jason Liebrecht: Avid cross-country and downhill mountain biker, IMBA ICP instructor trainer, adventure motorcycle rider, and Baja 500 podium finisher. Bike mechanic, web developer, and project manager.
- Martin Newman: Cross-country and downhill racer, and 2011 BC Cup DH Masters Champion. Longtime mountain bike club rider leader, trail builder and recreational Olympic distance triathlete, originally from the UK.
- Kevin Wood: Downhill, cross-country, trials and BMX athlete. Accomplished dirt biker, professional furniture designer, fitness competitor, and decade-long mountain bike coach.
Your coaches are approachable, experienced, and knowledgeable. They focus on the fundamental skills at all levels, and are encouraging beyond belief. I've never felt better about a sport in all my life.
Calgary and Whistler camp participant