Next year's schedule coming January 2011
Coaches and Guests
Trek Dirt Series coaches are professionally certified through leading mountain bike industry programs, and combine their deep love of the sport with exceptionally responsive and flexible teaching skills.
In our 2016 roster you'll find plenty of competitive accolades, decades of instructional experience and, most importantly, coaches with an unparalleled interest in helping you meet your riding goals.
Coaches and guests are as follows:
- Silke Ackenheil: Passionate downhill mountain biker, former competitive kitesurfer, with a Masters in Business Management. From Germany but summering in Whistler as often as possible.
- Tanya Allen: Former New Zealand mountain bike XC team member, amateur downhill and skate-ski competitor, registered dental hygienist, certified in Exercise Science.
- Audray Ayotte: Avid cross-country mountain biker, and international ski touring enthusiast. Former equestrian competitor and coach, professional ski patroller, and emergency medical responder.
- Tracey Billett: Freeride and downhill mountain bike dedicate, former national level ski racer, CSCF Level III alpine ski coach, and Physical Education teacher based in Rossland, BC.
- Caitlin Callaghan: Cross-country and cyclo-cross racer, former gymnastics, soccer and hockey competitor, enthusiastic skate skier and yogi. Registered nurse based in Edmonton, AB.
- Penny Cameron: Trans Rockies and BC Bike Race finisher, ski and mountain bike pro patroller, avid gardener, chef, and multi-sport athlete based in Whistler, BC.
- Laurie Citynski: BC and Canada Cup downhill racer, and full-time strength and conditioning coach. Diploma in Human Kinetics and Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology.
- Suzie Clarke: NCCP Level III club coach, former bike industry sales rep, and aspiring PADI dive master. Adaptive snow sports instructor and human resources professional.
- Penny Deck: Avid North Shore rider, cross-country and downhill racer, and trail builder. Lecturer in Nutrition at Simon Fraser University and Douglas College.
- Sylvi Fae: Accomplished cross-country and all-mountain rider, single and multi-day guide, yogi, hiker, gardener, and co-owner of Moab Mountain Bike Instruction.
- Lu Furber: Longtime ski instructor, programmer and administrator. Former ski school director, bike park director, and resort programmer. Education Assistant based in Fernie, BC.
- Tracey Gage: Cross-country and downhill enthusiast, ACMG certified guide, experienced educator and event planner. Bachelor of Education and Wildlife Biology.
- Jaime Hill: World Cup Downhill and Enduro World Series racer, and Ride Like a Girl mentor. Former international elite level gymnast and NCAA All American. Degree in International Relations.
- Isabelle Jacques: Enduro and multi-day stage racer, Bell Joy Ride ambassador, and former Team Canada World Championships participant at a junior. Communications specialist also fluent in French.
- Lena Larsson: Dedicated downhill and all-mountain rider, accomplished skier and climber, and former coach with the Swedish Gymnastics Federation. Massage therapist and registered nurse.
- Sarah Leishman: Pro-elite downhill and enduro racer, factory team rider, and PR and social media specialist. Former ski and mountain bike pro patroller, and international snowboard coach.
- Janet Liu: Dedicated XC and DH rider, CX competitor, and year round bike commuter; ACMG rock climbing instructor, Kinesiology graduate, and aircraft maintenance engineer.
- Karen Mann: Pro-elite cross-country, enduro and multi-day stage racer. 2014 BC Bike Race Top 10 finisher, former US collegiate field hockey player, personal trainer, and registered nurse.
- Ronia Nash: Dedicated downhill and all-mountain rider. Full time year round Whistler Blackcomb instructor teaching snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking in the summer.
- Tina Ooley: Marathon and singlespeed racer, Durango DEVO head coach, dedicated community fundrasier, with extensive experience in the natural foods industry.
- Sandy Ostler: Dedicated mountain biker, professional ski instructor, avid windsurfer and mother of four. Masters degree in Recreation Management, based in Hood River, OR.
- Michaela Pacakova: Multi-disciplinary racer, cross-country skiing and climbing instructor, with a Bachelor of Physical Education focused on outdoor sports. Originally from the Czech Republic.
- Beth Parsons: Former pro-elite downhill racer, photo and video personality, and bike park patroller. Certified Music Therapist with a new business in Whistler, BC.
- Christine Prescott: Cross-country and all-mountain enthusiast, nordic ski coach, former Lifesaving Society of Canada instructor and examiner, and former national level lifeguarding competitor.
- Amy Pryse-Phillips: Cross-country, enduro and downhill racer, event organizer, international mountain bike guide, and NCCP Level 3 cycling coach. Hydrotechnical Engineer based in Vancouver, BC.
- Pam Reid: Year-round road, cross-country, and downhill rider, Major League soccer player, and bronze medalist at the 2005 World Masters Track and Field Championships. Systems analyst based in Victoria, BC.
- Kat Robinson: Cross-country rider, top-requested ski instructor, gym instructor, swimming instructor, and Search and Rescue coordinator. Former UK college lecturer.
- Sam Sedlowsky: Cross-country and downhill enthusiast, enduro racer, and multi-day mountain bike guide. Former professional diver studying and working in Underwater Archaeology.
- Candace Shadley: Dirt Series founder and director, former Mountain Bike Technical Director, longtime multi-sport athlete and coach, based in Whistler, BC.
- Schalene Shelly: Avid cross-country and downhill recreationalist, competitor and guide. Microbiologist, herbalist consultant, and acupressure and iridology student.
- Erin Smith: Former Trek factory demo rep, and university outdoor recreation coordinator. Certified kayak and raft instructor with a degree in Kinesiology, pursuing a Masters in Exercise Physiology.
- Bonnie Walmsley: Seasoned North Shore mountain biker, accomplished adventure racer, and competitive trail runner. Sport and outdoor event planner, and investment representative.
- Amy Wantulok: Former pro-elite cross-country racer, state title tennis champion, and bike industry retail manager. Competitive hockey player and certified personal trainer.
- Johanna Weintrager: Multi-day mountain bike guide, surf instructor, and yoga teacher. Accomplished XC and DH racer, former competitive runner and ski coach, and sports nutrition consultant.
- Dawn Wieker: Pro-elite cross-country, enduro and downhill racer, former collegiate mountain bike athlete, trail crew leader, EMT, and Montessori school teacher in Grand Junction, CO.
- Jennifer Wilson: Cross-country and marathon mountain bike athlete, former professional skier and video personality, spin instructor, and middle school teacher in Hood River, OR.
- Lindsay Yost: Downhill and enduro racer, Physical Education and Health secondary school teacher, with a BA in Kinesiology and Masters in Sport & Exercise Science.
And, for co-ed camps ...
- Evan Choltco-Devlin: Pro-elite downhill racer, bike mechanic, and trail builder. Bike industry design engineer and project manager, with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Jason Liebrecht: Avid cross-country and downhill mountain biker, IMBA ICP instructor trainer, adventure motorcycle rider, and Baja 500 podium finisher. Bike mechanic, web developer, and project manager.
- Aidan Mills: Accomplished downhill and cross-country mountain biker, former FIS carded ski racer and current club coach. Based in Canmore, AB.
- Martin Newman: Cross-country and downhill racer, former BC Cup DH Masters Champion, club rider leader, professional trail builder and recreational Olympic distance triathlete. Originally from the UK.
Your coaches are approachable, experienced, and knowledgeable. They focus on the fundamental skills at all levels, and are encouraging beyond belief. I've never felt better about a sport in all my life.
Calgary and Whistler camp participant